[FIX] Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing Topic is solved

Questions regarding the Mail Server
Dovecot, Exim, RoundCube
SS88

[FIX] Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing  Topic is solved

Postby SS88 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:03 pm

If you receive this error (it also stops you from logging into your emails):

Code: Select all

Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing

Open up /etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-mailboxes.conf and add in:

Code: Select all

inbox = yes

inbetween namespace inbox { }

b79

Re: [FIX] Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing

Postby b79 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:22 am

Hey! Thanks for posting this info.

It fixed my dovecot login issue. Seems to have started after yum updated a whole bunch of stuff.

jonn

Re: [FIX] Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing

Postby jonn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:29 am

didnt fix mine, checked all my vestacp servers and they all dont have the file, it just got up a ran away.

fix..
https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?t=13395

SS88

Postby SS88 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:36 am

jonn wrote:didnt fix mine, checked all my vestacp servers and they all dont have the file, it just got up a ran away.

fix..
viewtopic.php?t=13395

It's exactly the same fix?

gecube_ru

Postby gecube_ru » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 am

Thank you very much for the solution.

I've ran into the same issue after updating a lot of stuff with the yum program.
The symptom was that users couldn't connect to IMAP service, but the server correctly receives/sends the e-mails.

Return to “Mail Server”