Database created without user

Questions regarding the Database Server
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Percona Server, phpMyAdmin, phpPgAdmin
syph

Database created without user

Postby syph » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:30 am

Hi,

im having an issue when creating a database, I add the user name and password and the database is made but if i look at the privileges on phpmyadmin users of the name name are not created as they once were.

im not sure if updating to the latest vestacp 0.9.8-17 or if mysql update did it

Server version: 5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 - (Ubuntu)

Does anyone have any ideas?

skamasle

Re: Database created without user

Postby skamasle » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:01 pm

There is an issue whit mysql 5.7

You can try fixes -> https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/ ... eea84f8461

and

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13239

syph

Postby syph » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:25 am

Hi skamasle,

Thanks for the info, I have already tried this and the issue still persists. its weird, i also connected a newly installed remote database server running 5.6 and i have the same issue.. it will create a database but no users.

im not sure where to even start with this

skamasle

Postby skamasle » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:03 pm

I cant reproduce this problem

Can you try run in mysql as root

Code: Select all

SELECT user FROM mysql.user;

Falzo

Postby Falzo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:42 pm

syph wrote:Hi skamasle,

Thanks for the info, I have already tried this and the issue still persists. its weird, i also connected a newly installed remote database server running 5.6 and i have the same issue.. it will create a database but no users.

im not sure where to even start with this

just a quick follow up on this, because I just stumbled across the very same problem. probably your remote database has by default multiple root users set up. root@127.0.0.1, root@localhost and root@% <- every host, the latter would be the one used by remote logins.

if you take a closer look on the permissions only the local root users are granted ALL privileges, but not root@% for remote connections... so this user simply can't GRANT rights to users, therefore also not even create them.

you could either change the permissions for that root@% to ALL or maybe create another user with another name@% which you then give persmissions including GRANT and use it for vesta in conjunction with v-add-database-host ;-)

Return to “Database Server”