How to change PHPMYADMIN URL?

Questions regarding the Database Server
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Percona Server, phpMyAdmin, phpPgAdmin
NewVestaGuy
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:52 am

How to change PHPMYADMIN URL?

Postby NewVestaGuy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 am

1)For security reason, i try to change the URL of PHPMYADMIN and
couldn't figure out how.
Can someone help me?

2)BTW, how to change the Vesta control panel to something hidden? the default (ip:8083) seems unsecured to me...

3)Any additional setup recommanded for my setup?
and why Vestacp doesn't include cache like memcached and tweaked settings like other scripts? (i love the panel
and ease of use, but think Vesta will be perfect with points above)

skurudo
VestaCP Team
Posts: 7791
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:23 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: How to change PHPMYADMIN URL?

Postby skurudo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:20 pm

NewVestaGuy wrote:1)For security reason, i try to change the URL of PHPMYADMIN and
couldn't figure out how. Can someone help me?


I'm sure this guide can:
viewtopic.php?t=5271

NewVestaGuy wrote:2)BTW, how to change the Vesta control panel to something hidden? the default (ip:8083) seems unsecured to me...


How so?
Anyway, you can change this port -> /usr/local/vesta/nginx/conf/nginx.conf

Code: Select all

    # Vhost
    server {
        listen          8083; #there is port
        server_name     _;


NewVestaGuy wrote:3)Any additional setup recommanded for my setup? and why Vestacp doesn't include cache like memcached and tweaked settings like other scripts? (i love the panel and ease of use, but think Vesta will be perfect with points above)


Yea, we're rich with ideas too and so poorly with time ;-)
-> DigitalOcean competition - please, support us
-> fix for phpmyadmin - nice and sweet now

NewVestaGuy
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:52 am

Re: How to change PHPMYADMIN URL?

Postby NewVestaGuy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:10 pm

skurudo wrote:I'm sure this guide can:
viewtopic.php?t=5271

thank you for the guide, but its for Apache and im using Nginx
Last edited by skurudo on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: over-quoting

skurudo
VestaCP Team
Posts: 7791
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:23 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: How to change PHPMYADMIN URL?

Postby skurudo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:28 pm

NewVestaGuy wrote:thank you for the guide, but its for Apache and im using Nginx


How can I possible know this? ;-)
nginx + php-fpm?
-> DigitalOcean competition - please, support us
-> fix for phpmyadmin - nice and sweet now

NewVestaGuy
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:52 am

Re: How to change PHPMYADMIN URL?

Postby NewVestaGuy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:55 pm

skurudo wrote:
NewVestaGuy wrote:thank you for the guide, but its for Apache and im using Nginx


How can I possible know this? ;-)
nginx + php-fpm?

yes

rhyker2u
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:46 am

Re: How to change PHPMYADMIN URL?

Postby rhyker2u » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:44 pm


skurudo
VestaCP Team
Posts: 7791
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:23 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: How to change PHPMYADMIN URL?

Postby skurudo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:12 am

NewVestaGuy wrote:1)For security reason, i try to change the URL of PHPMYADMIN and
couldn't figure out how. Can someone help me?


/etc/nginx/conf.d/phpmyadmin.inc

you need make changes in this url:

Code: Select all

location /phpmyadmin {

to (for example)

Code: Select all

location /mysuperadmin {

and restart nginx service

/etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf

Code: Select all

Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin

to (for example)

Code: Select all

Alias /mysuperadmin  /usr/share/phpmyadmin

and restart apache2 service
-> DigitalOcean competition - please, support us
-> fix for phpmyadmin - nice and sweet now


Return to “Database Server”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron