[HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP Topic is solved

Section with modification and patches for Vesta
hammy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby hammy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:16 pm

SS88 wrote:
hammy wrote:Problems with GUI

Will not show options for:-

Firewall Allow IPs

Firewall Deny IPs

lfd Blocklists

When those buttons are clicked it takes you to a page with just a 'Return' button. There seems to be a letter 'm' in the very bottom corner of those pages so maybe a error.


Please re-run the command - all fixed.


Works well thanks for your help :)

rpr
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby rpr » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Installed CSF but vsftpd fails aren't banned.
Changed VSFTPD_LOG = "/var/log/vsftpd.log"

but nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem?

SS88
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby SS88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:42 am

rpr wrote:Installed CSF but vsftpd fails aren't banned.
Changed VSFTPD_LOG = "/var/log/vsftpd.log"

but nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem?


Mine do not get blocked either. If your settings are correct in CSF then CSF has a problem. There is a way to fix this be using custom regex patterns like so (I've not tested this fully yet!):

Code: Select all

if (($globlogs{LF_FTPD}{$lgfile}) and ($line =~ /FAIL LOGIN: Client \"(\S+)\"/)) {
      return ("Failed FTP login from",$1,"vsftpd_ss88","5","20,21","1");
   }

rpr
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby rpr » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 am

SS88 wrote:
rpr wrote:Installed CSF but vsftpd fails aren't banned.
Changed VSFTPD_LOG = "/var/log/vsftpd.log"

but nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem?


Mine do not get blocked either. If your settings are correct in CSF then CSF has a problem. There is a way to fix this be using custom regex patterns like so (I've not tested this fully yet!):

Code: Select all

if (($globlogs{LF_FTPD}{$lgfile}) and ($line =~ /FAIL LOGIN: Client \"(\S+)\"/)) {
      return ("Failed FTP login from",$1,"vsftpd_ss88","5","20,21","1");
   }

Yeah but a simpler solution is just to use proftpd.
That works out of the box.

SS88
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby SS88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:55 am

rpr wrote:
SS88 wrote:
rpr wrote:Installed CSF but vsftpd fails aren't banned.
Changed VSFTPD_LOG = "/var/log/vsftpd.log"

but nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem?


Mine do not get blocked either. If your settings are correct in CSF then CSF has a problem. There is a way to fix this be using custom regex patterns like so (I've not tested this fully yet!):

Code: Select all

if (($globlogs{LF_FTPD}{$lgfile}) and ($line =~ /FAIL LOGIN: Client \"(\S+)\"/)) {
      return ("Failed FTP login from",$1,"vsftpd_ss88","5","20,21","1");
   }

Yeah but a simpler solution is just to use proftpd.
That works out of the box.


I don't know which is easier, following this tutorial to change FTP software: https://vestacp.com/docs/#how-to-replac ... hel-centos

Or adding a line in a file and restarting LFD :-P

mericson
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:37 am

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby mericson » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Your effort might offer some great insights into creating an extensions mechanism for VestaCP !

ServerHost
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 12:18 am

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby ServerHost » Fri May 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Hello,

I installed on my vps, but it does not work with Proftpd. Do not block!

How do I block Proftpd?

SS88
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby SS88 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:07 pm

ServerHost wrote:Hello,

I installed on my vps, but it does not work with Proftpd. Do not block!

How do I block Proftpd?


Change the file /etc/csf/csf.conf and find

Code: Select all

FTPD_LOG = "/var/log/vsftpd.log"

and change to where proftpd log is

Code: Select all

FTPD_LOG = "/path/to/proftpd.log"

ArisC
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby ArisC » Mon May 08, 2017 3:11 pm

I removed fail2ban and Iptables and CSF went Blank page for some reason.... http://imgur.com/a/Tt3O5

I tried to re-run the .sh file for CSF.... nothing... no errors in console.

SS88
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Re: [HOWTO] Install CSF + Use it's GUI in VestaCP

Postby SS88 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:27 pm

ArisC wrote:I removed fail2ban and Iptables and CSF went Blank page for some reason.... http://imgur.com/a/Tt3O5

I tried to re-run the .sh file for CSF.... nothing... no errors in console.


Not sure.

Can you confirm the following files are present:

/usr/local/vesta/bin/v-csf
/usr/local/vesta/web/list/csf/index.php

and that you can enable csf:

Code: Select all

csf -e


Return to “Modification & Patches”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest