(Jan 22) Release 0.9.8-19 with bug fixes available now. Run this command for update v-update-sys-vesta-all

What's the recommended way to get PHP 5.3?

General questions about VestaCP
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
Ovidiu

What's the recommended way to get PHP 5.3?

Postby Ovidiu » Thu May 11, 2017 9:22 am

I need a server for a testing/migration project running PHP 5.3. Yes I know its old and outdated and so on and so forth yet I still need this.

What would be the recommended way?
- should I go with debian squeeze? Its old and outdated (I think this was the last Debian release which had PHP 5.3)
- should I go with debian Jessie and use snapshots.debian.org? Its going to be horrible pinning all needed packages

I basically need to simulate an old environment with a surprisingly NEW MYSQL-SERVER of 5.6 PHP 5.3.X and Apache2.X - any suggestions on the most elegant way to achieve this? This is for testing and for the migration phase of a website to newer versions.

Can VESTA help me do this somehow? I can't seem to find VESTA minimal requirements.

skurudo
VestaCP Team

Re: What's the recommended way to get PHP 5.3?

Postby skurudo » Fri May 12, 2017 6:20 am

Ovidiu wrote:I need a server for a testing/migration project running PHP 5.3. Yes I know its old and outdated and so on and so forth yet I still need this.

Vesta will install software from your OS repo, if there is outdated soft - you get this
or you can use 3rd party script and compile any php version ->
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10854
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12737

Ovidiu wrote:Can VESTA help me do this somehow? I can't seem to find VESTA minimal requirements.

There is minimal requirements:
https://vestacp.com/install/
-> DigitalOcean competition - please, support us
-> fix for phpmyadmin - nice and sweet now

Ovidiu

Postby Ovidiu » Fri May 12, 2017 6:52 pm

skurudo wrote:Vesta will install software from your OS repo, if there is outdated soft - you get this

doesn't look like it. Before installing VESTA I did a yum list php and php-5.3.29 was the version listed to be installed. After installing VESTA its now php-5.6.30 :-( any ideas if vesta added any repos to change this? I did a yum update before installing VESTA and it was still pointing to 5.3.29

skurudo
VestaCP Team

Postby skurudo » Mon May 15, 2017 4:06 am

Ovidiu wrote:Before installing VESTA I did a yum list php and php-5.3.29 was the version listed to be installed.

doesn't look like it...

anyway, you can use 3rd party script and compile any php version
-> DigitalOcean competition - please, support us
-> fix for phpmyadmin - nice and sweet now

Ovidiu

Postby Ovidiu » Mon May 15, 2017 6:01 am

doesn't look like it...

What's that supposed to mean?

Code: Select all

cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS release 6.9 (Final)

Code: Select all

yum list php
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: centos.mirrors.ovh.net
 * epel: fr.mirror.babylon.network
 * extras: centos.quelquesmots.fr
 * updates: centos.mirrors.ovh.net
mysql-connectors-community                                                                  | 2.5 kB     00:00
mysql-tools-community                                                                       | 2.5 kB     00:00
mysql56-community                                                                           | 2.5 kB     00:00
Installed Packages
php.x86_64                                            5.3.3-49.el6                                            @base

but nevermind, I ended up setting all up by hand and skipping the use of VestaCP for this installation.

Return to “General Discussion”