(Jun 22) Release 0.9.8-19 with bug fixes available now. Run this command for update v-update-sys-vesta-all

VestaCP nginx instead of apache for a site

Questions regarding the Web Server
Apache + Nginx, Nginx + PHP5-FPM
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
erkinakbudak

VestaCP nginx instead of apache for a site

Postby erkinakbudak » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:46 am

Hi. I use VestaCP. I am running debian 7. I have many sites. All sites use apache + nginx (reverse proxy). I want just nginx for a site but other sites will use apache + nginx. Is it possible ? Thanks in advance

hdavis84

Re: VestaCP nginx instead of apache for a site

Postby hdavis84 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:35 am

Is there a solution to the original poster's request? I, too, have websites that use apache, but would like specific sites use only nginx. Any help is appreciated!

noogen

Re: VestaCP nginx instead of apache for a site

Postby noogen » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Yes, it is possible. You can simply use custom nginx conf to your custom site; though, everything has to be done manually from the terminal.

Take a look at /etc/nginx.conf, and notice that the last line include file from /etc/nginx/conf.d folder.

Code: Select all

include             /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;

This mean that you can create custom yoursite.com.conf inside of /etc/nginx/conf.d folder. It may look something like this: https://gist.github.com/chadrien/5394508

This is how VestaCP does it. It has it's own custom nginx-server.conf which is setup on port 8083. It is using php-fpm instead of nginx -> apache -> fcgi for regular sites.

Return to “Web Server”