(Jan 22) Release 0.9.8-19 with bug fixes available now. Run this command for update v-update-sys-vesta-all

Error with permission VestaCP LSWS

Questions regarding the Web Server
Apache + Nginx, Nginx + PHP5-FPM
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
iT0mT0m

Error with permission VestaCP LSWS

Postby iT0mT0m » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:14 am

Hi.
I have VestaCP with LSWS WebServer: Apache2 in VestaCP is disabled and LSWS read apache config. Actually all working but I have problem with user permissions. When I try update any plugins or translation in Wordpress I have error: Can't create folder. I found temporary fix for this: change user permission to LSWS user and group. My actually user and group is admin and VestaCP create this user(chown -R admin:admin /home/admin). When I change(chown -R nobody:nogroup /home/admin) I can install/update plugins and translations but I lose access to any folder in ftp(can't view and send any files). When I change back permission ftp working but install/update no. How resolve this problem?

skurudo
VestaCP Team

Re: Error with permission VestaCP LSWS

Postby skurudo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:25 pm

You need somehow teach LSWS give right permissions on folder.

Like this for example (WARNING, not tested)
https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/f ... lems.5365/
-> DigitalOcean competition - please, support us
-> fix for phpmyadmin - nice and sweet now

Return to “Web Server”