(Jan 22) Release 0.9.8-19 with bug fixes available now. Run this command for update v-update-sys-vesta-all

[FIX] Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing Topic is solved

Questions regarding the Mail Server
Dovecot, Exim, RoundCube
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
SS88

[FIX] Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing  Topic is solved

Postby SS88 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:03 pm

If you receive this error (it also stops you from logging into your emails):

Code: Select all

Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing

Open up /etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-mailboxes.conf and add in:

Code: Select all

inbox = yes

inbetween namespace inbox { }

b79

Re: [FIX] Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing

Postby b79 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:22 am

Hey! Thanks for posting this info.

It fixed my dovecot login issue. Seems to have started after yum updated a whole bunch of stuff.

jonn

Re: [FIX] Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing

Postby jonn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:29 am

didnt fix mine, checked all my vestacp servers and they all dont have the file, it just got up a ran away.

fix..
https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?t=13395

SS88

Postby SS88 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:36 am

jonn wrote:didnt fix mine, checked all my vestacp servers and they all dont have the file, it just got up a ran away.

fix..
viewtopic.php?t=13395

It's exactly the same fix?

gecube_ru

Postby gecube_ru » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 am

Thank you very much for the solution.

I've ran into the same issue after updating a lot of stuff with the yum program.
The symptom was that users couldn't connect to IMAP service, but the server correctly receives/sends the e-mails.

Return to “Mail Server”