(Jan 22) Release 0.9.8-19 with bug fixes available now. Run this command for update v-update-sys-vesta-all

Cannot unsuspend domains Topic is solved

Questions regarding the DNS Server
BIND
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
Felix

Web: apache + nginx

Cannot unsuspend domains

Postby Felix » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Hello,

I have 2 VPS with VestCP. I've followed the Slave DNS Cluster guide and the second acts as a SLAVE DNS, so lets call the servers MASTER and SLAVE. This setups has been working OK for 2 years.

Recently, I suspended some domains in MASTER server and after some weeks I completely removed them from MASTER (unsuspend the domains in MASTER and then delete the domains). The problem is that I can still see the deleted domains in the SLAVE server, under DNS of the dns-cluster user account. Moreover, I cannot unsuspend the domains and so I cannot delete them.

I tried using the command line at the SLAVE server:

Code: Select all

v-unsuspend-domain dns-cluster domain.tld

but that failed with error:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/vesta/func/main.sh: line 293: 27:DOMAIN=domain.tld: command not found

There must be a bug somewhere...? Has anyone else faced this?

Felix

Web: apache + nginx

Re: Cannot unsuspend domains  Topic is solved

Postby Felix » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:41 pm

OK, this was tricky but I have found fix that worked in my case. I'm sharing it here so it might help others.

Reading through the code of v-unsuspend-domain I found that the info about DNS domains is saved in the file: /usr/local/vesta/data/users/dns-cluster/dns.conf

So I opened this file and found that there were 2 entries for each domain I coulnd't unsuspend. I deleted one of the two entries for each domain and then managed to unsusped using VESTA GUI. After that deleting was a breeze.

Return to “DNS Server”