(Dec 29) New version 0.9.8-18 has been released. More you can find here

Blank $HOMEDIR Variable when calling cli via php exec() function Topic is solved

Questions regarding the Command Line Interface
CLI
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
emanhig

Blank $HOMEDIR Variable when calling cli via php exec() function  Topic is solved

Postby emanhig » Thu May 04, 2017 8:04 am

I have written a custom bash script which is called by php with root permissions via sudoers. The bash script adds a web domain with letsencrypt support.

My PHP my command is

Code: Select all

exec("sudo -u root /var/tuilder/bin/vestacp_add_domain.sh example.com 104.xxx.xxx.xx");

My shell script is:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
domain=$1
ip=$2

/usr/local/vesta/bin/v-add-web-domain admin $domain $ip www.$domain
/usr/local/vesta/bin/v-add-letsencrypt-domain admin $domain www.$domain

In my scenario, this is the best way for me to perform these functions (rather than using the vesta web api.)

After some testing because it wasn't working, I discovered that the $HOMEDIR variable in the v-add-web-domain script was blank, and that the web domain was being created in /admin/web/ NOT /home/admin/web/.

My question is how is the $HOMEDIR variable being set, and why is it blank in the above scenario?

emanhig

Re: Blank $HOMEDIR Variable when calling cli via php exec() function

Postby emanhig » Thu May 04, 2017 9:31 am

Solved the problem.

The environmental variable $VESTA was set in the php exec environment.

Solved by doing this:

exec("VESTA='/usr/local/vesta' sudo -u root /var/tuilder/bin/vestacp_add_domain.sh example.com 104.xxx.xxx.xx");

Return to “CLI”