(Jan 22) Release 0.9.8-19 with bug fixes available now. Run this command for update v-update-sys-vesta-all

Alter Vesta Firewall From The Command Line

Questions regarding the Command Line Interface
CLI
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
Jetmo

Alter Vesta Firewall From The Command Line

Postby Jetmo » Fri May 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Hey,

I'm an experienced Linux user with a fresh install of CentOS 7 and Vesta CP on my VPS. Never used Vesta CP before, but so far it looks good and I'm anxious to learn it.

However, what I do on all my VPSs with iptables is restrict cPanels to my IP address. I would like to do the same thing with Vesta and I can - obviously - but how can I do this when Vesta controls the firewall? My IP address changes frequently. I have an iptables script where I change the cPanels port quickly and I can then log in.

If I block port 8083 to only my IP address and then it changes I can't log into Vesta. I would need to change the firewall rules via the command line. How would I do that?

Thanks!

Return to “CLI”