(Dec 29) New version 0.9.8-18 has been released

API Gives a white page

Questions regarding the API
Application Programming Interface
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
CLAR101

API Gives a white page

Postby CLAR101 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Hello VestaCP

So I have started to work on VestaCP for my new service, using the API is a big part of this however when trying to add a user it only shows a white page, I have tried disabling the firewall (bad practice but on a test bench atm) and that did not fix the issue, I have tried a number of different things and yet nothing, I have copied the curl code from the vestaCP docs and that says it worked but did nothing (returns false so assumes correct), I have also tried inserting the http request directly and that only displays a white page

https://46.101.251.55:8083/api/?user=admin&password=######&cmd=v-add-user&arg1=user&arg2=123456&arg3=demo%40demo.dem&arg4=default

I was hoping you guys could give me insight into the possible cause, if this is firewall related how would I resolve it considering I did disable iptables and added my IP to the vestaCP firewall UI etc and yet still getting the same issue.

I will look forward to your reply, and hope you can help

With Regards
Chris Russell

syntac

Re: API Gives a white page

Postby syntac » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Same problem here, i'm nothing find solutions to fix that problem.

CLAR101

Postby CLAR101 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:06 am

I heard something about firewall, as I am developing on my local machine and our dev box is in Germany to "simulate" the production hardware, so I assumed it could be my IP being blocked, but adding that to be allowed by the firewall does not fix the issue.

I hope there is a simple fix soon

shushry

Postby shushry » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:26 am

The index.php in the /api/ directory works off the the $_POST global variable, but adding some debug to the top of that file such as:

print_r($_POST);

Shows that the POST variable is empty, even if a post is made. Somewhere in the configuration, the POST var is being stripped out...

FYI, php://input shows that the data is actually making it there....just the $_POST var is being stripped.

As of yet, not sure why.

fedekrum

Postby fedekrum » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:17 am

Same thing here.
I am not able to use de web API at all.

Best regards.

CLAR101

Postby CLAR101 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:00 am

I know, this has put a halt on our development as we need VestaCP's API to perform host specific tasks.

Wondering is there any quick work around or is it an easy fix?

Return to “Scripting / API”