I wanted to automate configuring Rainloop with my VestaCP domains and couldn't really find anything so I made a simple script to do a simple sync with VestaCP.
The script can be found here - https://github.com/chaosjester/VestaCP-to-Rainloop-Sync, feel free to fork and expand on it. I am sure there are "better" or "easier" ways of doing this, but with my limited scripting skills this is how I chose to do this.
What it does do:
- Pull user list then use list to find all domains
- Look in Rainloop domain configuration directory and create a config file if none exists
- Logs creation or skip to file
- Evaluate if the user has gmail as a mail DNS template and skip
- Evaluate if the user has no mail domains configured and skip
- Allow users to change POP/IMAP passwords within rainloop
Currently I have Rainloop installed in a subdomain, webmail.domain.com so my set up wont allow my users to use userdomain.com/webmail as that still goes to Roundcube, so if anyone has set up Rainloop to replace Roundcube, I am not sure if this will work.
Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.