(Dec 29) New version 0.9.8-18 has been released. More you can find here

Vesta Automatic App Installer [Version 1.0.2] Topic is solved

Section with additional software for Vesta
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
mephivio

Web: nginx + php-fpm

Re: Vesta Automatic App Installer [Version 1.0.2]

Postby mephivio » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:28 am

Do you expect to release version 1.0.2 soon ?
thanks again for your great job

.J.

joem

Postby joem » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:07 am

mephivio wrote:thanks : it works again !
Do you expect to release version 1.0.2 soon ?
thanks again for your great job

.J.

I hope to later tonight.

strato

Postby strato » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:53 pm

First, I want to say thanks for the work you put into this installer. I just recently setup VestaCP and I am looking to migrate the few clients I have over from Interworx. I used simple scripts over on that CP so I was a little disappointed when I found out VestaCP did not support any major script installers. After some research I found yours and started to give it a try.

The issue I am running into is when I try to install wordpress or joomla (only 2 I have tried) I get an error saying the database is not valid "ERROR: Error: db_user cloudcan_t8cE1dl6cb is not valid" After several tries I have noticed that the _t8cE1dl6cb changes every time you try again so even if I wanted to go back and create cloudcan_t8cE1dl6cb in VestaCP the next one would fail

Any ideas?

joem

Postby joem » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:18 pm

strato wrote:First, I want to say thanks for the work you put into this installer. I just recently setup VestaCP and I am looking to migrate the few clients I have over from Interworx. I used simple scripts over on that CP so I was a little disappointed when I found out VestaCP did not support any major script installers. After some research I found yours and started to give it a try.

The issue I am running into is when I try to install wordpress or joomla (only 2 I have tried) I get an error saying the database is not valid "ERROR: Error: db_user cloudcan_t8cE1dl6cb is not valid" After several tries I have noticed that the _t8cE1dl6cb changes every time you try again so even if I wanted to go back and create cloudcan_t8cE1dl6cb in VestaCP the next one would fail

Any ideas?

Database name cannot be longer than 16 characters, I have fixed this issues in the new version 1.0.2. In the mean time you can shorten the username down to "cloud".

strato

Postby strato » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:12 pm

I believe I have 1.0.2 installed, I followed this guide viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8523

I can shorten the name, just want to make sure I am on the same page as you

Another question I have, I have noticed when I try to install an app, if there is any data in public_html I get the error public_html/ MUST BE EMPTY. As I understand this could be an issue due to someone not understanding how things work could over write a site already there, it forces people to either install at /somename or ftp to their site and delete files there.

I am testing my setup with whmcs integration sending commands to create a user and website. When it does all it installs is 2 files, a robot.txt and an home html file.

Personally it would make it alot easier if your app installer could detect basic default files and overwrite on install to / If it detects more than the default files it would fail the installation.

joem

Postby joem » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:12 pm

strato wrote:I believe I have 1.0.2 installed, I followed this guide https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8523

I can shorten the name, just want to make sure I am on the same page as you

Another question I have, I have noticed when I try to install an app, if there is any data in public_html I get the error public_html/ MUST BE EMPTY. As I understand this could be an issue due to someone not understanding how things work could over write a site already there, it forces people to either install at /somename or ftp to their site and delete files there.

I am testing my setup with whmcs integration sending commands to create a user and website. When it does all it installs is 2 files, a robot.txt and an home html file.

Personally it would make it alot easier if your app installer could detect basic default files and overwrite on install to / If it detects more than the default files it would fail the installation.

You cant be using 1.0.2 because I have not released it yet. Sorry to confuse you I updated the topic title to soon. I will add a feature to remove the default files in this release. As for removing all files in the folder as you stated its a huge risk to users who are not sure how the web app installer works.

mephivio

Web: nginx + php-fpm

Postby mephivio » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:46 am

hi Joem,

When can we expect your new release ?
i guess that's a high work but if you can refresh this post thanks

JP

joem

Postby joem » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 am

mephivio wrote:hi Joem,

When can we expect your new release ?
i guess that's a high work but if you can refresh this post thanks

JP

Adding the last app now should be in the next few days.

ykpon

Re: Vesta Automatic App Installer [Version 1.0.1]

Postby ykpon » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:04 pm

By default, the script has a vulnerability that allows to install scripts in the foreign domain, knowing a user name and domain, respectively.
For fix that need in file:
/usr/local/vesta/web/app-installer/index.php
after:

Code: Select all

if(substr($_POST['cdn_instdir'],0, 1) != "/") :
      $_SESSION['error_msg'] .= "INSTALL DIRECTORY MUST START WITH /.#";
    endif;

add:

Code: Select all

if(stristr($_POST['cdn_instdir'], '..')!==FALSE) :
     $_SESSION['error_msg'] .= "INCORRECT DIRECTORY";
   endif;

joem

Re: Vesta Automatic App Installer [Version 1.0.1]

Postby joem » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:31 am

ykpon wrote:By default, the script has a vulnerability that allows to install scripts in the foreign domain, knowing a user name and domain, respectively.
For fix that need in file:

Nice find, I will add this to the new release thanks.

Return to “3rd Party Software”