(Dec 29) New version 0.9.8-18 has been released

Which config files are overwritten on upgrade Topic is solved

Section with modification and patches for Vesta
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
plutocrat

Which config files are overwritten on upgrade

Postby plutocrat » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:41 pm

Hi,
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this. I'm new to VestaCP, but have been running Linux servers for many years. I just discovered VestaCP and I like it a lot, but I'm still on a learning curve.

So in the process of setting up my VestaCP server, I've modified a few config files. I just wondered if these will be over-written when the next upgrade of VestaCP happens. Specifically
/etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
/etc/apache2/conf.d/roundcube.conf
/var/lib/roundcube/.htaccess

I also created a couple of templates in /usr/local/vesta/data/templates/web/apache2/ I'm guessing those will be OK. How about if I modify the other templates? Will my changes to those stick, or should I just copy them and make changes to the copies?

I also made changes to main server config files. Are these safe too?
/etc/apache/apache2.con
/etc/mysql/my.cnf

skamasle
Collaborator

Re: Which config files are overwritten on upgrade  Topic is solved

Postby skamasle » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:05 am

apache.conf and my.cnf not will be replaced

Roundcube.conf not and phpmyadmin.conf this files not are remplaced by vesta but maybe be remplaced by your sytem (apt-get or yum)

In /usr/local/vesta/data/templates/web/apache2/ you will create new files and not edit vesta files.

plutocrat

Re: Which config files are overwritten on upgrade

Postby plutocrat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:44 am

OK, thanks. Good to know.

apt-get usually prompts whether it should update any config files when it runs, and the default action is to keep the existing conf file, so I think I'll probably be OK with roundcube and phpmyadmin.

Return to “Modification & Patches”