(Dec 29) New version 0.9.8-18 has been released. More you can find here

Weird Problem

Questions regarding the FTP Server
vsFTPd, ProFTPd
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
rocky123xo

Weird Problem

Postby rocky123xo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:08 pm

When using FTP, after uploading a certain amount of files, I receive the Connection Timed Out after 20 Seconds message. At this point, I cannot access the web server AT ALL from that IP. I can't access the web panel. I can't ping the server. It's like fail2ban locks me out. But it doesn't show a blocked IP. Even when I disable fail2ban, it still doesn't work. I just have to wait about 5 minutes, and I'm able to access the server again.
I don't understand what causes this, but it has happened before, and it's ridiculous. I've checked all the log files I can think of, and none give any clues. I'm lost. PLEASE. Help me.

vikhyat

Re: Weird Problem

Postby vikhyat » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Please post your server specs along with the network speed. And run a WinMTR test of your server's IP address for at least 5 minutes and post it here.

mehargags
Moderators

Re: Weird Problem

Postby mehargags » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:29 pm

What FTP client are you using ? FileZilla ?
1. There is an ongoing topic already for this timeout problem. Pls refer it. Increase timeout in your client

2. you can use Passive/active mode to connect your FTP and test

3. Disable firewall on VestaCP and then test if you still get timeout.

I prefer using FlashFXP... it is the best FTP client you'll ever use. It costs a bit but its worth it.

Return to “FTP Server”