(Jan 22) Release 0.9.8-19 with bug fixes available now. Run this command for update v-update-sys-vesta-all

"additional FTP" not working - fix

Questions regarding the FTP Server
vsFTPd, ProFTPd
Forum rules
Before creating a new topic or reply on the forum you should fill out additional fields "Os" and "Web" in your profile section.
In case of violation, the topic can be closed or response from the support will not be received.
erythro

"additional FTP" not working - fix

Postby erythro » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:42 pm

Don't know if this helps anyone else, but I've been banging my head against the wall with this issue.

I don't think I've done anything unusual with my vesta set up - standard install as possible on a DO VPS.

Created a user with the "additional ftp" option in the gui, and was getting

Code: Select all

530 Login incorrect
errors trying to log in. Username and password were perfect, believe me I checked!

Eventually, I found that adding /sbin/nologin to /etc/shells made the difference. /usr/sbin/nologin was already there.

I was tipped off that this was the issue because when I tried logging in with SFTP out of desperation auth.log mentioned that wasn't a valid shell. I don't know if this counts a bug, or if I did something wrong after all, or if it just helps someone but I thought I'd put it somewhere online in case it does.

mehargags
Moderators

Re: "additional FTP" not working - fix

Postby mehargags » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:42 pm

What does your log say ?

Code: Select all

tail -f  /var/log/vsftpd.log

Return to “FTP Server”